On Wed, Feb 27, 2019, at 6:43 AM, James Graham wrote:
> The current thinking is that hardware interaction APIs which rely on
> mocks to test should specify the API for testing as part of the
> specification (e.g. [1]). So it seems like the same approach could be
> used here.
>
> [1] https://webbluetoothcg.github.io/web-bluetooth/tests

This is neat! I don't think I had seen any prior art for this when we were
doing the original Gamepad API work. It seems like it would be straightforward
to take the existing Gamepad test interface[1] we use for Mochitests and
include it in the Gamepad spec in a form that could be used for
web-platform-tests.

-Ted

1.
https://searchfox.org/mozilla-central/rev/2a6f3dde00801374d3b2a704232de54a132af389/dom/webidl/GamepadServiceTest.webidl