Nicholas,

Mozilla's root program mandates all members disclose all intermediates via
the Common CA Database <https://ccadb.org/>. That database has enough
metadata to determine which CA certificates chain to roots in our program.
The CCADB exports a list on-demand <https://ccadb.org/resources> of all
intermediates that are disclosed and in our program (Note, the
Mozilla-speciifc one isn't linked there, contact me off-list if you want
access). As part of our CRLite server-side code, we're packaging up that
list of intermediates regularly and update Kinto. Obviously they don't
change quickly. :)

By policy, Firefox users should not encounter any undisclosed intermediate
CAs that are trusted via a root in our root program. In principal, we could
eventually use this functionality to affirm that.

Cheers!
J.C.