Yeah, sorry - our earlier intent-to-implement thread predated our current
boilerplate (which includes stuff like test coverage).  And for
intent-to-ship, our boilerplate text is pretty minimal.

Answering your direct question: yes, there is good web platform test
coverage for this feature.  I'll post a followup with answers to our other
typical intent-to-implement fields, too.