On Mon, Apr 8, 2019 at 11:11 PM L. David Baron <dba...@dbaron.org> wrote:

> The W3C is proposing a new charter for:
>
>   Web & Networks Interest Group
>   https://www.w3.org/2019/03/web-networks-charter-draft.html
>   https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-new-work/2019Mar/0010.html
>
> Mozilla has the opportunity to send comments or objections through
> Friday, April 26.
>
> Please reply to this thread if you think there's something we should
> say as part of this charter review, or if you think we should
> support or oppose it.

The phrasing of "Application hints to the network" part of the charter
suggest that the IG envisions the browser declaring preferences to the
*network* rather than the other end point of the connection. Am I
reading that part right? That seems contrary to the general trend,
including Mozilla efforts, to encrypt things so that things aren't
visible to the network between the end points and the tendency to
consider it unwanted for the network to take actions other than making
the packets travel between the end points.

--
Henri Sivonen
hsivo...@mozilla.com