Hi,

If you log, or work with, PI Requests, please read this email.

Today, we have migrated our cloud instance of JIRA ServiceDesk into our
local JIRA Software. This resulted in some important changes that I will
outline below.

*Why did we do it?*
- We won't have problems with licenses anymore (we kept running out of
licenses on ServiceDesk)
- We can now use Mozilla LDAP SSO to log in to JIRA
- Easier maintenance and compatibility with other teams who use JIRA at
Mozilla
- More features, allowing future improvements and integrations

*Is the URL to the service the same?*
No. The new URL is https://jira.mozilla.com   (the old URL was
moz-pi-test.atlassian.net)

*Is the UI the same as before?*
No. JIRA Software is not the same product as JIRA ServiceDesk. The UI will
look a bit different, but all the fields, states and other concepts are the
same, so the transition should be quite painless for most.

*Where are my existing PI Requests?*
In order to figure out correct URL to access your existing PI Requests, you
need to know the request number. For example, if your PI Request number was
PI-123, the new URL will be this: https://jira.mozilla.com/browse/PI-123
If you don't know your PI Request number, you can either try to find it
here: https://jira.mozilla.com/secure/RapidBoard.jspa?rapidView=263 or
contact me for help.

*How do I log new PI Requests?*
New URLs are documented on our PI Request mana page:
https://mana.mozilla.org/wiki/display/PI/PI+Request

*I have other question or issue that wasn't answered above.*
Please contact me and I will be able to help.

I would encourage everybody to try to log in to the new system in order to
make sure you have the correct permissions. You can use the example URL I
showed above to make sure you can see the ticket correctly:
https://jira.mozilla.com/browse/PI-123

I would like to take this opportunity to thank Marek Platta and Majken
Longlade for their hard work on this migration, and for working during the
weekend to keep the disruptions to minimum. Great job guys!

Don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions or comments.

Regards,
Tom