On Tue, Jul 09, 2019 at 10:39:37AM -0400, Ehsan Akhgari wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 8, 2019 at 11:00 PM Gerald Squelart <gsquel...@mozilla.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Thank you all for some very interesting discussions so far.
> >
> > Even if we don't take blanket steps to avoid unsigned types in
> > non-bitfield/modulo cases (as suggested by our newly-adopted Google style),
> > at least hopefully we're now aware of their subtleties, and we can be more
> > careful and deliberate in our choice of integer types in our respective
> > domains.
> >
> > Coming back to my original questions, I think the first part has not been
> > categorically answered yet:
> >
> > Do we have style rules (or folklore) against naked `int`s/`unsigned`s, in
> > favor of explicitly-sized `(u)intXX_t` everywhere?
> >

> For new code, the style guide for this question can be found here:
> https://google.github.io/styleguide/cppguide.html#Integer_Types.  For
> existing code, consistency with surrounding code should take precedence for
> now.  I hope this answers your question.

I thought we only adopted the Google style guide for formatting. Does
everything from the guide apply now? Or only parts of it? If the latter,
which parts? I'm surprised because I don't remember having seen a mail
about this, and surely, I should have noticed something that'd be
saying that class member variables names would stop beginning with m,
and would instead finish with an underscore and be all lowercase.

Mike