Hi everyone!

The next meeting of the C++ Standards Committee (WG21) will be July
15-20 in Cologne, Germany.

(Apologies for not sending this announcement sooner!)

This is a particularly important meeting because the committee aims to
publish the C++20 Committee Draft, a feature-complete draft of C++20
that will be sent out for balloting and comment from national
standards bodies, at the end of this meeting. C++20 is probably going
to be the language's largest release since C++11, containing an
extensive lineup of significant new features (Concepts, Modules,
Coroutines, Contracts, Ranges, and default comparisons (<=>), among
others). Modules has just merged into the working draft at the last
meeting, and continues to be under active discussion due to tooling
impacts. Contracts are at risk of being pulled due to controversy.
Even for uncontroversial features, technical issues that we can't fix
in time are sometimes discovered and result in the feature being
bumped to the next release. All in all, this is going to be a busy and
eventful meeting.

If you're curious about the state of C++ standardization, I encourage
you to check out my blog posts where I summarize each meeting in
detail (most recent one here [1]), and the list of proposals being
considered by the committee (new ones since the last meeting can be
found here [2] and here [3]).

I will be attending this meeting, likely splitting my time between the
Evolution Working Group (where new language features are discussed at
the design level) and interesting Study Groups such as SG7
(Reflection) and SG15 (Tooling). As always, if there's anything you'd
like me to find out for you at the meeting, or any feedback you'd like
me to communicate, please let me know!

Finally, I encourage you to reach out to me if you're thinking of
submitting a proposal to the committee. I'm always happy to help with
formulating and, if necessary, presenting a proposal.

Cheers,
Botond

[1]
https://botondballo.wordpress.com/2019/03/20/trip-report-c-standards-meeting-in-kona-february-2019/