On Tue, Jul 16, 2019 at 8:25 PM Josh Bowman-Matthews <j...@joshmatthews.net>
wrote:

> Given how old your installed Mercurial version is, I suspect the problem
> with git (fatal: Unable to find remote helper for 'hg') is similar. I
> recommend installing updated Mercurial and git packages and trying again.

So, I removed hg and installed the latest git via yum on centos 7.

yum install
http://opensource.wandisco.com/centos/7/git/x86_64/wandisco-git-release-7-2.noarch.rpm

Still git is unable to fetch the repository. Is it mandatory to have hg?
>From the error, I think it is needed after all.

[root@compute-0-4 ~]# git --version
git version 2.22.0
[root@compute-0-4 src]# python bootstrap.py --vcs=git

Note on Artifact Mode:

Artifact builds download prebuilt C++ components rather than building
them locally. Artifact builds are faster!

Artifact builds are recommended for people working on Firefox or
Firefox for Android frontends, or the GeckoView Java API. They are
unsuitable
for those working on C++ code. For more information see:
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Artifact_builds.

Please choose the version of Firefox you want to build:
  1. Firefox for Desktop Artifact Mode
  2. Firefox for Desktop
  3. GeckoView/Firefox for Android Artifact Mode
  4. GeckoView/Firefox for Android
Your choice: 2
Executing as root: yum groupinstall "Development Tools"
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror
 * rpmforge: ftp-stud.fht-esslingen.de
Maybe run: yum groups mark install (see man yum)
No packages in any requested group available to install or update
Executing as root: yum install autoconf213 nodejs which curl-devel
python2-devel redhat-rpm-config
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror
 * rpmforge: ftp-stud.fht-esslingen.de
Package autoconf213-2.13-31.el7.noarch already installed and latest version
No package nodejs available.
Package which-2.20-7.el7.x86_64 already installed and latest version
Package libcurl-devel-7.29.0-42.el7_4.1.x86_64 already installed and latest
version
Package python-devel-2.7.5-58.el7.x86_64 already installed and latest
version
Package redhat-rpm-config-9.1.0-76.el7.centos.noarch already installed and
latest version
Nothing to do
Executing as root: yum groupinstall "Development Tools"
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror
 * rpmforge: ftp-stud.fht-esslingen.de
Maybe run: yum groups mark install (see man yum)
No packages in any requested group available to install or update
Executing as root: yum install alsa-lib-devel dbus-glib-devel glibc-static
gtk2-devel libstdc++-static libXt-devel nasm pulseaudio-libs-devel
wireless-tools-devel yasm gcc-c++ gtk3-devel python-dbus
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror
 * rpmforge: ftp-stud.fht-esslingen.de
Package alsa-lib-devel-1.1.3-3.el7.x86_64 already installed and latest
version
Package dbus-glib-devel-0.100-7.el7.x86_64 already installed and latest
version
Package glibc-static-2.17-196.el7.x86_64 already installed and latest
version
Package gtk2-devel-2.24.31-1.el7.x86_64 already installed and latest version
Package libstdc++-static-4.8.5-16.el7.x86_64 already installed and latest
version
Package libXt-devel-1.1.5-3.el7.x86_64 already installed and latest version
Package nasm-2.10.07-7.el7.x86_64 already installed and latest version
Package pulseaudio-libs-devel-10.0-3.el7.x86_64 already installed and
latest version
No package wireless-tools-devel available.
Package yasm-1.1.0-1.el6.rf.x86_64 already installed and latest version
Package gcc-c++-4.8.5-16.el7.x86_64 already installed and latest version
Package gtk3-devel-3.22.10-4.el7.x86_64 already installed and latest version
Package dbus-python-1.1.1-9.el7.x86_64 already installed and latest version
Nothing to do

Could not find Mercurial (hg) in the current shell's path. Try starting a
new
shell and running the bootstrapper again.

You do not have Mercurial installed
Executing as root: yum update mercurial
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror
 * rpmforge: ftp-stud.fht-esslingen.de
Package(s) mercurial available, but not installed.
No packages marked for update

Could not find Mercurial (hg) in the current shell's path. Try starting a
new
shell and running the bootstrapper again.

Your version of Python (2.7.5) is new enough.
Your version of Rust (1.36.0) is new enough.
Rust supports x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu targets.

Mozilla recommends using git-cinnabar to work with mozilla-central.

Would you like to run a few configuration steps to ensure Git is
optimally configured? (Yn): n

If you would like to clone the mozilla-unified Git repository, please
enter the destination path below.

Destination directory for Git clone (leave empty to not clone): /root
Destination directory '/root' is not empty.

Would you like to clone to '/root/mozilla-unified' instead?
  1. Yes
  2. No, let me enter another path
  3. No, stop cloning
Your choice: 1
Cloning Firefox repository to /root/mozilla-unified
Cloning into '/root/mozilla-unified'...
fatal: unable to find remote helper for 'hg'
Command '['/usr/bin/git', 'clone', '-b', 'bookmarks/central', 'hg::
https://hg.mozilla.org/mozilla-unified', '/root/mozilla-unified']' returned
non-zero exit status 128

Source code can be obtained by running

    hg clone https://hg.mozilla.org/mozilla-unified

Or, if you prefer Git, by following the instruction here to clone from the
Mercurial repository:

https://github.com/glandium/git-cinnabar/wiki/Mozilla:-A-git-workflow-for-Gecko-development

Or, if you really prefer vanilla flavor Git:

    git clone https://github.com/mozilla/gecko-dev.git

Build system telemetry

Mozilla collects data about local builds in order to make builds faster and
improve developer tooling. To learn more about the data we intend to collect
read here:
https://firefox-source-docs.mozilla.org/build/buildsystem/telemetry.html.

If you have questions, please ask in #build in irc.mozilla.org. If you would
like to opt out of data collection, select (N) at the prompt.

Would you like to enable build system telemetry? (Yn): n

Installing Stylo and NodeJS packages requires a checkout of mozilla-central.
Once you have such a checkout, please re-run `./mach bootstrap` from the
checkout directory.

Regards,
Mahmood