Haha :)  I both appreciate the "request to get involved" aspect, as well as the
subtle "STOP WHINING AND CONTRIBUTE SOMETHING USEFUL!" aspect... I've repeated
that phrase more times than I can count myself :)

I actually am a maintainer of the Redux JS state management lib, so A) that
already sucks up all my free time, and B) I'm mostly a JS and Python dev, and
while I've done Java in the past, it's not my strong point (and really I'd
rather not ever write Java again if I don't have to).