On 10/18/19 12:31 AM, ikilpatr...@chromium.org wrote:
I think one interesting part here is that (from my knowledge) this
policy actually hasn't been applied yet, due to the "other browsers
shipping insecurely" exception.

Do other vendors apply the same policy for new CSS features?

For example, Safari recently shipped a bunch of color scheme features:
https://webkit.org/blog/8840/dark-mode-support-in-webkit/
Are those restricted to secure contexts?

I'd argue that if other vendors don't apply the same policy then our
policy is pointless since it comes down to chance whether another
vendor shipped it for non-secure contexts first.  And even if we
did follow our own policy when we're first, if another vendor then
ships it insecurely we'd have to enable it for non-secure contexts
too for web-compat reasons.

/Mats