On 2020/05/17 5:52, Mike Hommey wrote:
On Sat, May 16, 2020 at 09:26:30AM +0900, ISHIKAWA,chiaki wrote:
On 2020/05/16 7:51, Mike Hommey wrote:
On Sat, May 16, 2020 at 07:24:44AM +0900, ISHIKAWA,chiaki wrote:
I have --disable-libjpeg-turbo in my mozconfig for many years (I build TB
locally).

After an update of the local source tree this morning, it is no longer
recognized?
(The last update was several days ago.)

Has anyone also experienced this?

Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/NEW-SSD/NREF-COMM-CENTRAL/mozilla/configure.py", line 181, in
<module>
      sys.exit(main(sys.argv))
    File "/NEW-SSD/NREF-COMM-CENTRAL/mozilla/configure.py", line 52, in main
      sandbox.run(os.path.join(os.path.dirname(__file__), 'moz.configure'))
    File
"/NEW-SSD/NREF-COMM-CENTRAL/mozilla/python/mozbuild/mozbuild/configure/__init__.py",
line 494, in run
      raise InvalidOptionError(msg)
mozbuild.configure.options.InvalidOptionError: Unknown option:
--disable-libjpeg-turbo
*** Fix above errors and then restart with\
                 "./mach build"
make: *** [client.mk:115: configure] Error 1
I removed it in bug 1638195, but it hasn't done anything since bug
1515852.

Mike

Thank you for the pointer.

Does this mean I can safely remove --disable-libjpeg-turbo?
Rule of thumb: clear up your mozconfig, chances are you don't need most
of what it contains anymore if it's years old.

Mike

Thanks.

I set it up many years ago, and occasionally added/removed items when things broke.

Yeah, it looks many of them look innocuous but I don't want to tinker with them for now (Most of the stuff are related to binary toolchains, gdb, valgrind, addresssanitizer, etc.)
and debugging.)

As far as mozconfig goes, I follow "If it ain't broke, don't fix them" school of thought.

I have commented lines in the mozconfig file along with the real mozconfig options (either commented out or still active) to remind me why I put the options there and how the change was necessitated. But after many years, the explanation I wrote down is a bit hazy. But each line was put in there for a valid reason after a build bustage followed by tinkering and debugging for a maybe couple of days and asking for help on the mailing list for really tough issues, and I don't want to go through the cycle again just for tidying up the file.

But thank you anyway.