Hey!

On Monday last week, we switched the profiler to a new backend server. This backend server now handles both profile publishing and link shortening!

This is a rewrite from the previous python-based server hosted on App Engine to a nodejs-based server hosted on GCP and managed by our wonderful cloudops team. The old server served us well but the profiler team didn't own it enough. The new server provides a good foundation to bring more features in the future (for example: profile deletion, profile expiration).

Note that the frontend using only static files is still served by netlify, with no plan to change in the short term.

The most visible change is our switching from <perfht.ml> to <share.firefox.dev> for short urls. Another less visible change is that we bumped up the uploading limit to 50MB (it was hardcoded to 32MB with the old server).

If you see other problems, especially when uploading profiles, please come talk to us in matrix (channel "Firefox Profiler") or reply to this mail :-)

Thanks!
--
Julien