Karl Tomlinson writes:

> "Show Older Inlines" "Disabled" sounds like something to avoid
> like the plague.  I wonder whether global configuration to remove
> that setting is available ...

My comment was rash.

The setting can actually be very useful (at least temporarily)
because, when disabled, the comments are still in the history but
always link to the code where the comment was made (instead of
using heuristics to move the comment).  However, some other
mechanism is required to keep track of which comments are
addressed.

"When a revision is updated, Phabricator attempts to bring inline
comments on the older version forward to the new changes. You can
disable this behavior if you prefer comments stay anchored in one
place."

My personal preference would probably be that the setting applied
only to the history, making it orthogonal to the "Hide Older
Inlines" option in the transient banner.