Hi,

   As of September 24, I intend to disable support for stretching MathML
operators with the deprecated STIXGeneral fonts on non-mac platform.
These are very old fonts that have been deprecated by the STIX
consortium for a long time and we have been encouraging users to switch
to modern fonts since 2014. For details see
http://groups.google.com/u/1/g/mozilla.dev.platform/c/ufT7Oc42MEc/m/xiOlQxIECQAJ

   The flag will stay enabled on macOS because the current release
(Catalina) still has the STIXGeneral fonts pre-installed, and so users
who didn't install math fonts would still get better MathML rendering
when the flag is on.

--
Frédéric Wang