On 27/10/20 21:18, Jim Mathies wrote:
> 3) Detect noticeable performance issues with page interaction and scrolling
> that normally don't occur, we'd appreciate bug reports with Firefox profiles.

Is the software fallback expected to use all available CPU cores/threads
for rendering? I enabled it and played around a bit on Google Maps.
Performance is visibly lower than with hardware support - something I
did expect - but I could see only one core being loaded at 100%, the
rest were sitting idle. That surprised me because most software
fallbacks (e.g. LLVMpipe on Mesa) tend to use all available CPU resources.

So I was wondering if this was a deliberate choice (to conserve power on
laptops maybe?) or if I should file a bug.

 Gabriele