On 12/12/2013 12:31 AM, From Kathleen Wilson:
I understand that this is not fair to the CAs who have done a great job of transitioning off of 1024-bit certs.

Right - potential customers knock at various doors in respect to such certificates and I believe to have given the right answers to them that it's not possible to obtain such certificates anymore when approached. Indeed if this isn't something applied equally it might be very difficult to enforce other requirements in the future if at the first opportunity there is yet another exception to the previous exception etc...if experience shows that it doesn't pay out to comply to requirements, than why care next time?

--
Regards

Signer:  Eddy Nigg, StartCom Ltd.
XMPP:    start...@startcom.org