The lead paragraph should encompass non-government super CAs, too.
Furthermore, the policy should address certification authorities (CAs)
and not their root certificates.  Consider the following:

> Some CAs sign the certificates of subordinate CAs to show that they have
> been accredited or licensed by the signing CA.  Such signing CAs are
> called Super-CAs, and their subordinate CAs must apply for inclusion
> their own roots if any of the following apply ...

Then, in the listed criteria, change "root CA" to either "subordinate
CA" where a certification authority is meant or to "root certificate"
where a certificate is meant.

I would also add a prohibition against including the root certificate of
any Super-CA.

Finally, the wording cites "third-party subordinate CAs".  I assume the
Super-CA is the first-party.  What is a "second-party subordinate CA"?

--

David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>

On occasion, I filter and ignore all newsgroup messages
posted through GoogleGroups via Google's G2/1.0 user agent
because of spam, flames, and trolling from that source.