Accessing https://homologacao.nfce.fazenda.sp.gov.br gives me the same
error with Firefox 27 as with more recent versions. It looks like the
server isn't sending a complete certificate chain. More specifically, a
certificate with common name "Autoridade Certificadora Raiz Brasileira
v2" is necessary. There may be more, if that certificate isn't signed by
a root in Mozilla's root program.

Hope this helps,
David