On 9/8/14 5:05 PM, Kathleen Wilson wrote:
I posted a security blog about 1024-bit certs...

https://blog.mozilla.org/security/2014/09/08/phasing-out-certificates-with-1024-bit-rsa-keys/

==
"The second phase of migrating off of 1024-bit root certificates involves the changes identified in Bugzilla Bug #986014 and Bug #1047011. The root certificates under consideration for the second phase are Thawte, VeriSign, Equifax, and GTE CyberTrust 1024-bit root certificates. These root certificates are operated by Symantec and Verizon Certificate Services, and we are planning these changes to be released in Firefox in early 2015."
==

The changes for the second phase of migrating off of 1024-bit root certificates are in NSS 3.17.3, which is being picked up by Firefox 36.

The list of root changes is here:
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/Projects/NSS/NSS_3.17.3_release_notes

The release calendar is here:
https://wiki.mozilla.org/RapidRelease/Calendar