On 2015-10-01 11:05, Gervase Markham wrote:
On 01/10/15 02:43, Brian Smith wrote:
Perhaps nobody's is, and the whole idea of using publicly-trusted CAs for
code signing and email certs is flawed and so nobody should do this.

I think we should divide code-signing and email here. I can see how one
might make an argument that using Mozilla's list for code-signing is not
a good idea; a vendor trusting code-signing certs on their platform
should choose which CAs they trust themselves.

This is what Microsoft is doing for things like drivers. For Windows 10 it started with only 1 CA, but there seem to be 4 now.

Kurt