On 10/19/15 4:34 PM, Kathleen Wilson wrote:

Therefore, I also propose that we don't separate out the audit criteria
according to trust bit in version 2.3 of the policy. Rather, the
separation will be part of another effort to create a separate S/MIME
policy in 2016.

This means that the following audit criteria will continue to be
considered acceptable for root certificates with only the Email trust
bit enabled:
- ETSI TS 101 456
- ETSI TS 102 042 (and the replacement)
- WebTrust for CA

And, as currently stated in the policy, ETSI TS 101 456 may not be used
if the Websites trust bit is enabled.

Based on there being no further discussion about this, I am going to assume that this item (separate out audit criteria according to trust bit) may be postponed to a future policy update.

Thanks,
Kathleen