On Thu, Nov 19, 2015 at 05:00:03PM -0800, Kathleen Wilson wrote:
> Insert 3rd bullet point:
> "- translate into English the Certificate Policy and Certification Practice
> Statement documents pertaining to the certificates to be included and the
> trust bits to be enabled;"
>
> I will appreciate recommendations about how to improve this proposed update.

Some wording to require CAs to acknowledge that this translation is not
merely informative, but in fact a binding agreement with the Internet
community, would be useful.  I can easily imagine a CA claiming, in the
event of a breach of the CPS, that the "authoritative" version, in an
alternate language, doesn't describe things in quite the same way, and so
isn't a breach.

> Is this a reasonable requirement to add?

I think it is.  The working language of the technical Internet (and this
list) is, for better or worse, English, and ensuring that the core
documentation of a CA's agreement with the Internet community is consumable
by the largest possible number of interested parties is an important goal.

- Matt