On Tuesday, August 30, 2016 at 8:07:49 PM UTC-7, Richard Wang wrote:
> This case is in the BR report:
> https://cert.webtrust.org/SealFile?seal=2019&file=pdf
>
> Thanks.
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Richard

Dear Richard,

It's clear WoSign has continuing compliance issues with CA/Browser forum rules,
and has repeatedly failed to correct them. Furthermore there has been lots of
questions about what it would take to improve CA practices given the degree of
incompetence some have practiced, and it's clear penalties would go a long way.

Is there a reason we shouldn't permanently ban WoSign, and all CAs controlled
by people involved with it, from the root program? It seems clear that WoSign
has been misleading its auditors repeatedly and has insufficient tracking of
which certificates are issued, has been aware of these problems for years, and
has not been forthright in addressing them. Making an example would do a lot to
encourage better CA behavior in general.

Sincerely,
Watson Ladd