Rob Stradling <rob.stradl...@comodo.com> writes:

>>I guess it makes them easy to revoke, if a single revocation can kill 313
>>certs at once.
>
>That's true.

Hey, WoSign has solved the CRL scalability problem!

>It'd be impossible to revoke (via CRL and/or OCSP) a subset of those 313
>certs though.

I also get the feeling that a lot of PKI software won't handle the revocation
properly, because they're expecting to revoke *the* certificate, not the
certificate, and the other certificate, and that other one there too, and that
one in the corner, and ... .  In other words I'm assuming most code will treat
serial numbers as unique and assume the revocation acted on when the first
cert has been marked as invalid.

Peter.