From: dev-security-policy
[mailto:dev-security-policy-bounces+steve_medin=symantec.com@lists.mozilla.o
rg] On Behalf Of Steve Medin
Sent: Tuesday, September 06, 2016 7:27 PM
To: Jeremy Rowley <jeremy.row...@digicert.com>
Cc: mozilla-dev-security-pol...@lists.mozilla.org; Gervase Markham
<g...@mozilla.org>; Kyle Hamilton <aerow...@gmail.com>
Subject: RE: Compromised certificate that the owner didn't wish to revoke
(signed by GeoTrust)

Agree, regardless of 4.9.5's investigation gap, in this case 4.9.1.1(3)
clearly applies as well as other clauses. At this point, revocation is less
harm than the key compromise. It may be an effective way to get the message
to the affected device operators who have not replaced the default
certificate with a purchased one.

Kind regards,
Steven Medin
PKI Policy Manager, Symantec Corporation