All,

Starting Sunday afternoon (PDT), we will be updating the production instance of
the Common CA Database (a.k.a. CA Community in Salesforce). This work will
continue into Monday. The system will still be available during that time, but
depending on when you access it or the corresponding reports, you may find some
delays or inconsistencies.

Summary of changes:

- 'Signature Hash Algorithm' will have new drop down list:
md2WithRSAEncryption, md5WithRSAEncryption, sha1WithRSAEncryption,
sha256WithRSAEncryption, sha384WithRSAEncryption, sha512WithRSAEncryption,
ecdsaWithSHA256, ecdsaWithSHA384. ecdsaWithSHA521
- 'Public Key Algorithm' will have new drop down list: RSA 1024 bits, RSA 2048
bits, RSA 4096 bits, EC secp256r1, EC secp384r1, EC secp521r1
- 'Signature Algorithm' & 'Signing Key Parameters' will be deprecated
- 'Certificate ID' a new field will be added and auto populated. It identifies
same logical certificate in different CA Hierarchies. SHA-256(der(subject) +
der(spki)).
- 'Certificate Serial number' new field on root page will be added and auto
populated
- 'CRl URl(s)' will be populated by urls ending with .crl only
- Minor rearrangements of fields will be made to root and intermediate page
layouts
- A batch process will re-run PEM->JSON tool for all intermediate certs and
populate PEM fields
- Another batch process will add PEM info to root certs and all PEM fields will
be populated by the values returned by  x509certChecker utility (PEM->JSON)
- 'Add/Update PEM info' button will be made available to root store managers
who have write-access (currently only Mozilla and Microsoft)
- Reports which use 'Signature Algorithm'/ 'Signing Key Parameters' will show
the new fields instead.
- CSV Reports which use 'Signature Algorithm'/ 'Signing Key Parameters' will
show the new fields instead.

I apologize for any inconvenience caused during our upgrade, but I look forward
to having these changes and the updated certificate fields for root and
intermediate certs in production.

Kathleen