On Friday, 14 October 2016 02:21:36 UTC+1, Matt Palmer  wrote:
> Will there be any requirements around the qualification status of the logs,
> or could anyone who wanted to be "nice" just stand up a log, and have these
> CAs obtain precerts from them?

I don't think Mozilla has declared any specific requirements, but presumably
they would expect to choose the same or similar criteria as Google's Chrome
which you're already aware of but I'll link for anybody else

https://www.chromium.org/Home/chromium-security/certificate-transparency/log-policy

For the immediate purpose here (allowing broad oversight over what the new CA
is issuing) some of these criteria are less important, e.g. the >99% uptime may
be less important because oversight would be done via a monitor, but Mozilla
intends to add SCT-checking to Firefox, at which point all the criteria will be
important.