Ryan Sleevi <r...@sleevi.com> writes:

>What is the goal of the root program? Should there be a higher bar for
>removing CAs than adding them? Does trust increase or decrease over time?

Another thing I'd like to bring up is the absolute silence of the CAB forum
over all this.  Apple have quietly unilaterally distrusted, Mozilla have
debated at length (three months now) and are taking action, but the regulatory
body that should be taking charge, the CAB forum, has (apparently) taken
absolutely no action.

Does anyone know the position among other browser vendors, Chrome, IE, Opera,
Konqueror, Chromium, Midori, the dozen or more forks of various bigger
browsers, the dozens(?) of mobile browsers, and so on.

Peter.