在 2016年10月25日星期二 UTC+8下午11:39:31,Nick Lamb写道:
> On Tuesday, 25 October 2016 15:45:26 UTC+1, Han Yuwei  wrote:
> > Is there any timetable for enforcing CAs to support embedded CT or OCSP CT?
>
> Well, the effect of Google's policy is that if you're a subscriber looking to
> obtain certificates a year from now you have three options
>
> 1. Don't care about Chrome (though of course this policy may spread to other
> browsers). That option might be attractive if your certificates are from the
> Web PKI but aren't usually examined by browsers. For example in a mail
> server, or in some financial applications. Otherwise it looks like a bad
> choice.
>
> 2. Arrange to implement the TLS SCT extension from your servers and obtain
> SCTs for yourself to pass on to browsers. This does not require any new
> effort from the CA. This would meet Chrome's requirement entirely and is very
> flexible, but can mean significant disruption or even the need for new
> software development. Most customers again will see this as an undesirable
> choice.
>
> 3. Choose a CA that can deliver SCTs with your certificates or maybe via OCSP
> and in the latter case ensure your server software is compatible with that.
>
> I expect option (3) to be overwhelmingly popular, so that Google need do
> little or nothing in the way of "enforcing" this support. Indeed all the big
> public CAs either already have, or are known to be developing this capability.
>

> Obviously Google needs to communicate this clearly to subscribers, and to a
> lesser extent to Chrome users. I think a simple announcement ought to be
> enough at this stage for CAs themselves, if you're operating a public CA in
> 2016 and don't know what Certificate Transparency is you're in the wrong
> business. But for the other two groups effective communication is important
> over the next 12-24 months. In the ideal world the CAs would take on some of
> the burden of informing their subscribers, but I think the SHA-1 experience
> shows that's not always a very reliable path.

First, I care about CT and I desperately want CT depolyment. I have tried to
implement TLS SCT extension to my nginx but failed and I dont't why. Because I
deployed OCSP stapling successfully so I want a embedded CT (best for everyone)
or a OCSP response CT. So I am willing that CA could do more because they have
much more resources than us.