Li-Chun CHEN from Chunghwa Telecom would like to push for a UI improvement to properly display subject information in certificate details for FF (and others). In order to assist him, I prepared some text to be included in an improvement bug for Mozilla products and will try sending similar information to Microsoft and other Application Software Suppliers.

--- BEGIN quote ---

Subject: "UI Improvement in Certificate details"

In order for certificate details to be humanly readable, certain OIDs used in Certificate details (such as subject information for OV and EV SSL Certificates), need to be replaced by a proper field description.

This topic was discussed during the CA/B Forum F2F meeting 39. [link to the minutes]

We kindly ask that the following OIDs are properly displayed in the corresponding Mozilla Certificate details code.

2.5.4.5 --> Serial Number
2.5.4.9 --> Street Address
2.5.4.15 --> Business Category
2.5.4.17 --> Postal Code
1.3.6.1.4.1.311.60.2.1.1 --> Jurisdiction of Incorporation Locality
1.3.6.1.4.1.311.60.2.1.2 --> Jurisdiction of Incorporation State or Province
1.3.6.1.4.1.311.60.2.1.3 --> Jurisdiction of Incorporation Country

--- END quote ---

I am struggling to find a proper bugzilla category so that the "bug" gets properly addressed.

 * Is it part of the core?
   (https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/describecomponents.cgi?product=Core)
 * Is it part of the nss?
   (https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/describecomponents.cgi?product=NSS)
 * Is it part of the firefox?
   (https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/describecomponents.cgi?product=firefox)
 * Is there something else more appropriate?

And from there, which is the most appropriate sub-category? (so many options to choose from and I am not entirely familiar with the structure).

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Dimitris Zacharopoulos.