- E&Y Hong Kong

This seems to be a worrying trend to me.

Kurt

On 2017-02-12 20:25, Eric Mill wrote:
Also relevant are Symantec's statements about two E&Y regional auditors.

One section describes contradictions from E&Y KR (Korea) in describing why
some CrossCert issuing CAs were not in scope:

• The list of CAs in the audit was produced by CrossCert and given to E&Y
KR as the scope to audit. It was not given to E&Y by Symantec.

• E&Y KR initially stated that CrossCert did not fully disclose the list of
CAs. E&Y KR later stated that CrossCert provided a list of all their
issuing CAs but reduced the list of issuing CAs in scope of sampling for
budgetary reasons.

• Due to these conflicting statements and further discoveries explained
below, Symantec will no longer accept audits from E&Y KR.

And a second section is about contradictions and delays in describing the
scope of an audit that E&Y BR (Brazil) performed on Certisign:

E&Y BR produced two deficient letters regarding the 2014 and 2015 Certisign
audits. Initially we received a letter that stated a January 1, 2014 to
December 31, 2014 audit period in its introduction and a January 1, 2014 to
December 31, 2015 audit period in its conclusion. The letter appeared to
cover a two year period. We asked for clarification multiple times. That
clarifying letter stated a 2015 audit period.

E&Y BR does not meet our requirements for RA audit quality, timeliness, and
responsiveness to our demands. Symantec will no longer accept audits from
E&Y BR should we have a future need for in-market audit support.