-----Original Message-----
From: dev-security-policy
[mailto:dev-security-policy-bounces+jeremy.rowley=digicert.com@lists.mozilla
.org] On Behalf Of Kathleen Wilson via dev-security-policy
Sent: Wednesday, March 29, 2017 11:55 AM
To: mozilla-dev-security-pol...@lists.mozilla.org
Subject: DRAFT - BR Self Assessments

All,

As mentioned in the GDCA discussion[1], I would like to add a step to
Mozilla's CA Inclusion/Update Request Process[2] in which the CA performs a
self-assessment about their compliance with the CA/Browser Forum's Baseline
Requirements.

A draft of this new step is here:
https://wiki.mozilla.org/CA:BRs-Self-Assessment

It includes a link to a template for CA's BR Self Assessment, which is a
Google Doc:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ni41Czial_mggcax8GuCBlInCt1mNOsqbEPz
ftuAuNQ/edit?usp=sharing

Here's how I am considering introducing this new step. Of course, this only
applies to CAs who are requesting the Websites trust bit.

+ For the CAs currently in the queue for discussion, I would ask them to
perform this BR Self Assessment before I would start their discussion.

+ For CAs currently in the Information Verification phase, I would ask them
to perform this BR Self Assessment before we would continue with Information
Verification.

+ For new requests, we would have the BR Self Assessment be the very first
step.

I would greatly appreciate your feedback on adding this step to the root
inclusion/update process, the wiki page draft, and the template.

Thanks,
Kathleen

[1]
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/mozilla.dev.security.policy/kB2JrygK7Vk/Kk7L