That was changed in ballot 127.

-----Original Message-----
From: dev-security-policy
[mailto:dev-security-policy-bounces+jeremy.rowley=digicert.com@lists.mozilla
.org] On Behalf Of Kurt Roeckx via dev-security-policy
Sent: Wednesday, April 19, 2017 5:54 PM
To: Peter Gutmann <pgut...@cs.auckland.ac.nz>
Cc: Ryan Sleevi <r...@sleevi.com>;
mozilla-dev-security-pol...@lists.mozilla.org
Subject: Re: CA Validation quality is failing

<dev-security-policy@lists.mozilla.org> writes:

> >Both the localityName and stateOrProvinceName are Almere, while the
> >province is Flevoland.
>
> How much checking is a CA expected to do here?  I know that OV and DV
> certs are just "someone at this site responded to email" or whatever,
> but for an EV cert how much further does the CA actually have to go?

For the EV cert we got we got a phone call asking if she could speak to
someone else to confirm that he works there.

That also wasn't what I expected. I expected that they would at least check
that he has the authority to do so, like asking the CEO.

(It was a code sign certificate, but I expect if it's labeled EV that the
same things apply.)

Kurt