> might be able to capture freeform text (perhaps unattributed) as to why

Sure, below is a summary in my own words of why CAs are asking for an
extension. Note that the April 2017 survey has many more action items than
previous CA Communications, so I think it is reasonable that CAs might need
more time to prepare all the answers.

- people out-of-office who are needed to respond to the survey (vacations,
business, health)

- in the middle of an audit, so the people who are needed to respond to the
survey are extremely busy

- in the middle of data center upgrade/move, so the people who are needed to
respond to the survey are extremely busy

Kathleen