From: Gervase Markham via dev-security-policy
Sent: Monday, May 1, 2017 4:02 AM
To: mozilla-dev-security-pol...@lists.mozilla.org
Reply To: Gervase Markham
Subject: Policy 2.5 Proposal: Incorporate Root Transfer Policy

Mozilla has a Root Transfer Policy which sets out our expectations
regarding how roots are transferred between organizations, or what
happens when one company buys another, based on a recognition that trust
is not always transferable.

https://wiki.mozilla.org/CA:RootTransferPolicy

It has been reasonably observed that it would be better if this policy
were part of our official policy rather than a separate wiki page.

So, I have attempted to take that wiki page, remove duplication and boil
it down into a set of requirements to add to the existing policy.

Here is a diff of the proposed changes:
https://github.com/mozilla/pkipolicy/compare/issue-57

This is: https://github.com/mozilla/pkipolicy/issues/57

-------

This is a proposed update to Mozilla's root store policy for version
2.5. Please keep discussion in this group rather than on Github. Silence
is consent.

Policy 2.4.1 (current version):
https://github.com/mozilla/pkipolicy/blob/2.4.1/rootstore/policy.md
Update process: