This seems like a very reasonable stance for Mozilla to take: strongly
encourage a new Symantec PKI so they start with a clean slate, otherwise staged
distrust of all existing certificates with the requirement that Symantec
produce a full document/diagram of how the components of their PKI are
connected so that the non-BR-compliant bits can be "chopped off" from trust via
OneCRL.

Given Symantec's propensity for responding right at deadlines, might I suggest
that, should Symantec not choose to stand up a new PKI, that you set a
reasonable deadline for the production of the document described above? Perhaps
May 12th?

Also, in the responses, Symantec claims that MSC Trustgate is no longer an RA
(but could be a reseller). I did a quick search on crt.sh for recent
certificates that have supplied by MSC Trustgate:

https://crt.sh/?Identity=%25MSC+Trustgate.com+Sdn+Bhd

It looks to me like MSC is now a globalsign reseller (sure, why not). But one
certificate stood out:

https://crt.sh/?id=68658151

Going back to April 2013, this is the *only* "supplied by MSC trustgate"
certificate in crt.sh that chains off a Symantec root; all others are
Globalsign. Can Symantec confirm that they vetted this (OV) certificate
in-house? While I suppose MSC could supply certs from multiple CAs, I find it
odd that everything in the logs since April 2013 is Globalsign except this one
outlier -- and am concerned it means there was some mechanism for MSC to issue
/ have issued a cert off a Symantec chain -- and this concerns me given the
higher nominal level of validation.