On Mon, Jun 05, 2017 at 08:25:22PM -0500, Peter Kurrasch via
dev-security-policy wrote:
>    Consider, too, that removing trust from a CA has an economic sanction
>    built-in: loss of business. For many CA's I imagine that serves as
>    motivation enough for good behavior but others...possibly not.

I think it's a strong motivator, it's just that CAs trust that the
collateral damage of broad distrust will prevent trust stores from deploying
the sanction.  Essentially, CAs use relying parties as a human shield
against having meaningful sanctions deployed against them.  Hence "Too Big
to Fail".

>    (For example, who gets to keep the money collected?)

Me, of course.  <grin>

- Matt