On 22/08/17 11:02, Ryan Sleevi wrote:
> I think it'd be useful if we knew of reasons why standing up (and
> migrating) to a new infrastructure was not desirable?

It is true that in the case of a legacy root, creating a new root with a
cross-sign is not technically all that complex (although it may take
some time organizationally) and then we could embed that new one.

Given that option, perhaps a blanket statement of BR compliance for all
unexpired and unrevoked certificates is OK - allowing the CA to choose
how best to meet the requirement. (Of course, given the recent
BRpocalypse and how many CAs it affected, we may expect a new CA to need
to go through a similar process of weeding out problems.)

https://github.com/mozilla/pkipolicy/issues/99 filed.

Gerv