On 01/09/17 04:47, Víctor wrote:
> But I find an issue here. The root has both websites and email trust
> bits. The subCA cert is not constrained. The representative of the CA
> want to add the subCA to OneCRL because this subCA doesn't issue TLS
> certificates. OneCRL and the CA program acts on both Firefox (if
> websites trust bit enabled) and Thunderbird (if email trust bit
> enabled).

I don't believe Thunderbird checks OneCRL, although someone may wish to
contradict me.

> - Should CAs that ONLY have the websites trust bit get all its subCAs
> -that do not issue TLS certificates and the intermediate certificate
> is not technologically constrained- added to OneCRL just for
> prevention? Should this become mandatory?

SubCAs which are technically capable of issuing TLS certificates,
whether the CA intends for them to do so or not, need to either be
name-constrained or need to be publicly disclosed and audited. If
neither of those things is possible, we might add it to OneCRL, but this
should not be seen as a simple and first-choice solution. Better is to
make subCAs which are not intended for TLS certificates, not technically
capable of issuing them in the first place.

Gerv