Hi,

A while ago I tested how some CAs would react to certificate requests
with debian weak keys.

I was able to get a certificate from Let's Encrypt with a debian weak
key. Here is it:
https://crt.sh/?id=173588030

I reported this to Let's Encrypt. They told me that they are aware they
weren't checking debian weak keys, but they were in the process of
deploying a check:
https://github.com/letsencrypt/boulder/pull/2765

I don't know if this is active by now, but I assume so.

Maybe notable: The certificate hasn't been revoked, despite me
reporting it. However I haven't explicitely asked for revocation (and I
could revoke it myself, given that I have the private key).

I have also tried to get a cert with a debian weak key from the
free trial offerings from Comodo and Symantec. Both rejected the
request.

--
Hanno Böck
https://hboeck.de/

mail/jabber: ha...@hboeck.de
GPG: FE73757FA60E4E21B937579FA5880072BBB51E42