On Tue, Oct 17, 2017 at 5:06 AM, Gervase Markham via dev-security-policy <

> On 16/10/17 20:22, Peter Bowen wrote:
> > Will the new managed CAs, which will operated by DigiCert under
> > CP/CPS/Audit independent from the current Symantec ones, also be
> > included on the list of subCAs that will continue to function?
>
> AIUI we are still working out the exact configuration of the new PKI but
> my understanding is that the new managed CAs will be issued by DigiCert
> roots and cross-signed by old Symantec roots. Therefore, they will be
> trusted in Firefox using a chain up to the DigiCert roots.

Hi Gerv,

That doesn't seem to line up with the discussion in
https://groups.google.com/d/topic/mozilla.dev.security.policy/_EnH2IeuZtw/discussion
to date. Do you have any additional information to share?

Note that the path you just described is the one that poses non-trivial
risk to the ecosystem, from an interoperability standpoint, and thus may
not be desirable.

See
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/mozilla.dev.security.policy/_EnH2IeuZtw/yr2vSBdhAAAJ
and