I’ll leave Jeremy’s comments as DigiCert’s most recent.

From: Eric Mill [mailto:e...@konklone.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 24, 2017 2:34 PM
To: Ben Wilson <ben.wil...@digicert.com>
Cc: Doug Beattie <doug.beat...@globalsign.com>; Gervase Markham
<g...@mozilla.org>; mozilla-dev-security-pol...@lists.mozilla.org
Subject: Re: Proposed policy change: require private pre-notification of 3rd
party subCAs

Ben, I think Gerv addressed Doug's concern and indicated that situation
wouldn't fall under this policy. If that's not accurate, it'd be worth an
on-list clarification.

On Tue, Oct 24, 2017 at 9:01 AM, Ben Wilson via dev-security-policy
<dev-security-policy@lists.mozilla.org
<mailto:dev-security-policy@lists.mozilla.org> > wrote:

I echo Doug's concerns.  I can see this process as being useful/helpful
where the private key is off-premises, but for vanity CAs where the operator
of the root CA maintains control of the private key the same as it does for
all other issuing CAs, I think this would introduce unnecessary additional
steps.