On 11/6/17 3:40 AM, Ben Laurie wrote:
Since CT is not (yet) compulsory, it seems you probably have to contact all
CAs, doesn't it?

To close the loop on this...

I have added the following to the draft of the November 2017 CA Communication.

~~
ACTION 8: Check for issuance of TLS/SSL certificates to .tg domains from October 25 to November 2, 2017.

We believe that the .tg Registry was compromised from October 25 to November 1, 2017, such that a perpetrator set the Name Server (NS) Records for some domains to name servers controlled by them, and then successfully obtained SSL certificates for those domains.

Please check the SSL certificates that were issued to .tg domains and that chain up to your root certificates included in Mozilla's program to ensure that the certificate subscriber actually owns the domains included in their certificate.

Response Options:

- There are no TLS/SSL certificates issued to .tg domains that chain up to our root certificates included in Mozilla's program.

- There are TLS/SSL certificates issued to .tg domains that chain up to our root certificates included in Mozilla's program, but there were no new validations on .tg domains from October 25 to November 2, 2017.

- There are TLS/SSL certificates issued to .tg domains that chain up to our root certificates included in Mozilla's program, and we have re-verified the certificates that were issued to .tg domains from October 25 to November 2, 2017, and no problems were found.

- We have revoked certificates to .tg domains between October 25 and November 2, 2017, and have sent information about these revoked certificates to Mozilla.

- Not Applicable, because our root certificates do not have the Websites trust bit enabled.

- Other - explain
~~

Thanks,
Kathleen