Ben,

I'm about to use the term 'paragraph' to refer to the text within section
5.3.1 that is separated by carriage returns.

The prior version of the policy contained the language in the final
paragraph of section 5.3.1 - see
https://github.com/mozilla/pkipolicy/commit/f96076a01ef10e5d6a84fa4b042227512925cb7c
The language in paragraph 3 and the compliance deadline in paragraph 4 of
section 5.3.1 were added in the latest version of the policy.

I believe this shows that the intent of the conditional statement in the
fourth paragraph of section 5.3.1 is to reference the third paragraph of
section 5.3.1, not to the language in section 5.3. I also think that your
interpretation would allow a CA to neither publicly disclose or technically
constrain a subordinate CA containing the id-kp-emailProtection EKU -
something that was required in the previous version of the policy.

I've added an issue in Github requesting that we clarify this language as
you suggested in the next version of the policy.

- Wayne

On Mon, Jan 8, 2018 at 4:12 PM, Ben Wilson via dev-security-policy <