As one of the authors of 3.2.2.4.10, Alex's logic is exactly how we walked
through it in the Validation Working Group. The ADN lookup is DNS, and what
you find when you connect there via TLS, within the certificate, should be
the random value (somewhere). 3.2.2.4.10 was written to permit ACME's
TLS-SNI-01 while being generic enough to permit CAs to accomplish the same
general validation structure without following the ACME-specified algorithm.

J.C.

On Thu, Jan 18, 2018 at 1:47 PM, Alex Gaynor via dev-security-policy <