Hi Wayne,

This is how its supposed to work under eIDAS:

1. Check the value of the QCStatement [1] of the certificate under problem (which is the location of PDS);
2. Open the PDS and check relevant contact info as in [2].

Thanks,
M.D.

[1] see 4.3.4 (QCStatement regarding location of PKI Disclosure Statements (PDS)) in ETSI EN 319 412-5;
[2] see Annex 1 (Model PKI disclosure statement) in ETSI EN 319 411-1.