On Thu, Mar 1, 2018 at 8:17 AM, Alex Gaynor via dev-security-policy <

> Is it practical to remove the Symantec root certificates and (temporarily)
> add the Google and Apple intermediates to the trust store? This should
> facilitate removing trust in Symantec without disruption.
>
> Before we can completely remove the Symantec roots, we need to address
email protection (S/MIME) certs. An interim step would be to turn off the
websites trust bit.

The decision to whitelist specific keys rather than add the intermediates
to the trust store was intentional - it allows DigiCert to sign additional
whitelisted intermediates during the transition period.

> Alex
>
> On Thu, Mar 1, 2018 at 10:15 AM, Kai Engert via dev-security-policy <
> dev-security-policy@lists.mozilla.org> wrote:
>

> > Are the owners of the Apple and Google subCAs able to announce a date,
> > after which they will no longer require their Symantec-issued subCAs to
> > be whitelisted?

I would also like an answer to this question. Since DigiCert also holds
whitelisted keys, I think we need to hear from them as well.