Apologies. By choosing to use the term TSP when referring to an
organization operating a PKI, I thought I had made my meaning clear. I now
realize I inferred "certificate" when I used the term "subordinate CA". I
meant "subordinate CA certificate" in all cases where I wrote "subordinate
CA" or "subCA".

For reference, there has been an ongoing CA/Browser Forum discussion aimed
at disambiguating the term "CA":
https://cabforum.org/pipermail/policyreview/2016-May/000291.html

On Fri, Mar 23, 2018 at 4:08 PM, David E. Ross via dev-security-policy <