There has been a lot of confusion about the transition to the new
standards, and I believe that this change makes it clearer that Mozilla no
longer accepts audits based on the older ETSI standards.

On Tue, Mar 27, 2018 at 4:28 AM, Julian Inza via dev-security-policy <

> European Conformity Assessment Bodies are nowadays issuing Audit
> Certificates aligned with EN 319 401, EN 319-411-1 and EN 319 411-2
> standards.
>
> There is no need to explicitly deny validity to previous standars, because
> as Jakob states, they can reflect the chain of audits.
>
> In fact, TS 102 042 and TS 101 456 are basically the same standards, but
> instead of changing only the version number, ETSI opted to renew the full
> reference code, more in the approach of IETF for RFCs.
>
> The Mozilla rule also is aligned with CAB Forum Baseline Requirements for
> the Issuance and Management of Publicly-Trusted Certificates and Extended
> Validation SSL Certificate Guidelines, and any change to those documents
> would need a ballot.
>
> This is the kind of confusion that I hope to avoid. Mozilla policy is not
aligned with the BRs now that Mozilla does not accept TS 102 042 and TS 101
456 audits.

Regards,