From: Wayne Thayer [mailto:wtha...@mozilla.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 5, 2018 1:56 PM
To: Ben Wilson <ben.wil...@digicert.com>
Cc: Dimitris Zacharopoulos <ji...@it.auth.gr>; r...@sleevi.com;
mozilla-dev-security-policy <mozilla-dev-security-pol...@lists.mozilla.org>
Subject: Re: Policy 2.6 Proposal: Audit requirements for new subCA certificates

On Thu, Apr 5, 2018 at 12:05 PM, Ben Wilson <ben.wil...@digicert.com
<mailto:ben.wil...@digicert.com> > wrote:

If I create a new sub CA on a weekly basis, will that mean that I have to
republish my CPS every week?  That makes absolutely no sense.

As proposed, the requirement isn't based on when the subCA certificate is
created - it requires the subCA to be added to the CP/CPS before being used to
issue certificates. Refer to the following thread for background on this
proposal:
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/mozilla.dev.security.policy/CAaC2a2HMiQ/IKimeW4NBgAJ